Windham cotton fabric, poly-pellets, and cut up scraps of the tent fabric were used to construct this Cell Phone Pillow. The upcycled tent scraps were used to stuff the upper portion of the cell phone pillow, and to make a fabric bag to hold the Poly-Pellets inside the pillow to supports the weight of the cell phone.
My husband recently cleaned out his closet and I luckily kept some of the items, I picked out an old Run DMC T-Shirt and a pair of Rocawear shorts. These came in perfect for the challenge. For the top I used the main bodice for T-Shirt and I used the existing sleeves to make his sleeves. I then used McCall’s for the shorts and used the existing hem from the shorts. I love the way the t-shirt and shorts came out out and he does too!
For the Upcycling Challenge, I wanted to create something that could be worn everyday. I chose mens shirt and a pair of jeans that were just my size and completely reimagined an outfit that I am proud to wear. I used Closet Case’s Fiona Top pattern to transform my men’s top. Bell bottom jeans are coming back in style and I am ready for it! I added fabric to my jeans to give them that flair. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your competion.
For this upcycling project, my inspiration started with the circular hand embroidered/crocheted item made by my daughter’s great, great grandma. Since it was a circle I knew it would make a perfect dress bib. I used Little Lizard King’s Hartford and I love that I was also able to salvage the crocheted boarder. I was afraid it would fall apart when I cut it. For the rest of the dress, I used a shirt and skirt that I love but have been sitting in my closet unworn since they do not fit. I love that these clothing items have new life! Thank you for allowing me to participate!
For this project, my inspiration again started with the hand crocheted butterfly made by my daughter’s great, great grandma. I loved how the colors in the butterfly and the fabric from Windham Fabric samples coordinated. For the skirt I used the Susse Skirt pattern from The Eli Monster which I modified to include multiple pieces of fabric and the beautiful lace zipper that was included in our kit. For the shirt I used a light pink shirt that I had lying around not being used and the Hartford pattern from Little Lizard King. Once again thank you for having me!
This thrifted flat sheet became a maternity friendly hospital robe. I also created a bow scrunchie and boppy cover to match!
I thrifted a Columbia fishing shirt for my husband but it didn’t fit him right. I upcycled it into a fishing shirt for my 6 year old son! I also created a bucket hat and even used the mesh panel from the original back vent to make a bag for collecting rocks, seashells, and other treasures when he’s out on fishing adventures!
I took a bedsheet removed the banding. Cut out my dress dyed it with rusted mesh. I then sewed it up and cut the ties from the banding which I had to piece. Then dip-dyed it in brown rose mixed with raspberry. I use plastic bag tabs for my hair to make flowers. This was a fun project for me, I love what I’ve learned, and it turned out beautifully.
I started with an adult dress that I could no longer wear, it had a knit top and a rayon skirt. I paired this with a one yard cut of eyelet I picked up on a clearance rack last year. I decided to use Simplicity pattern 1453 (girls size 4) and just barely cut out the body and skirt of the new dress out of the original rayon skirt. I literally just had tiny scraps left over, which is one of my goals when I use upcycled items, use it all! I then used the eyelet for the trim on the dress and matching shorts. I lined the shorts and…
This upcycle started with a cotton tablecloth I was no longer using, it has a great hand and I knew it could be a fantastic garment. I paired it with the three Windham Fabrics fat quarters the contestants received. All the ribbon trim sewn on the tablecloth was removed and I was able to cut out a Wiksten Haori with very little scrap leftover. I used the three fat quarters and a free pattern (I enlarged) from the Windham Fabrics website, Dragonfly by Wendy Sheppard. Using paper piecing, I created a large emblem for the back and two small pieces for the pockets. I then hand stitched them to…