2018 Upcycling Challenge

Maggie Mayfield

I was floored when I found this linen dress and jacket set at the thrift store for $1.99. The print is so fun but the dress was shapeless and the jacket had full on 80’s shoulder pads. I had already made a Phoenix Blouse by Hey June Handmade and decided that pattern would be perfect for this fabric as well. I used Candice’s tip to rip the seams to get the most usable fabric but it was still too slim for the pattern pieces. I ended up hacking the pattern to eliminate the gathers under the yoke and it fit! I chose a cut of new fabric in paprika linen to make a contrast yoke, which I absolutely love!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *